02 Jun Chipotle BBQ Shrimp Bowl with Ranch Slaw
Posted at 10:06h in Lunch & Dinner
Chipotle BBQ Shrimp Bowl with Slaw is a recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest cookbook. You can swap the rice for cauliflower rice to make this low carb and grain free.
CILANTRO LIME RANCH SLAW
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbls cilantro pesto (or 3/4 cup fresh cilantro)
- 1 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- juice from 2 big limes
- bag of kale/cabbage mix slaw
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 4 cups cooked white, brown, or cauliflower rice
PINEAPPLE AVOCADO SALSA:
- 1 medium sized pineapple, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- Make ranch sauce by combining all the ingredients except the kale slaw and corn in a mason jar. Shake or stir to completely combine.
- To assemble slaw, add bag of kale slaw to a big bowl and add ranch sauce and corn. Toss well to combine and coat everything evenly. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- To cook shrimp, pat the shrimp dry and toss with all the spices.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan (don’t over crowed the shrimp – you might need to do the shrimp in batches) and cook for 3 minutes approx each side. You want the shrimp to be pink and slightly charred. Remove from the heat.
- To make the salsa combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Plate the rice, slaw, shrimp, and salsa in a large shallow bowl. Squeeze a little extra lime and Mexican hot sauce on top if desired.