11 Jun Linguine with Prawns, Roasted Tomatoes & Pesto
This is a real crowd-pleaser and also SUPER easy to make. If you only have 30 minutes to feed 8 hungry people, look no further for the perfect solution. When you purchase Box #8 on our website you’ll receive the prawns, linguine, and pesto included so your grocery shopping is done for you.
- 2 Tbls olive oil (plus more for garnish drizzling)
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 package of linguine
- 1 bag of frozen prawns (approx 1-1.5 lb) peeled and de-veined, thawed
- 3-4 Tbls jarred pesto (to your preference)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan shavings for top
- Red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast the tomatoes drizzled in olive oil, salt & pepper for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Get a big pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. Drop the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Place pasta back into pot.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the thawed prawns and saute until just pink (approx 5 minutes) *optional to add in some blanched chopped asparagus or other veggie*
- Toss the prawns into the pasta, scraping all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Spoon in the pesto and reserved pasta water and toss gently together. Add in the tomatoes and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the pasta onto a large serving platter and sprinkle with pine nuts, torn basil leaves, and Parmesan shavings. Drizzle olive oil over the entire pasta dish for a finishing touch. Sprinkle of red pepper flakes is optional but so good.