04 Jun Sesame Crusted Tuna Salad with Soy Ginger Dressing
The tuna loins we sell in boxes 2 & 5 are so easy to use for a quick impressive meal. This is a restaurant quality meal that comes together in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for a lunch with friends or a light dinner/appetizer.
SESAME CRUSTED TUNA:
- 1 tuna loin (from box #2 ) thawed and sliced into 4 sections
- 2/3 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- avocado spray
SOY GINGER DRESSING:
- 1 Tbls minced ginger
- 1 Tbls minced garlic
- 1 Tbls minced green onion
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tbls honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 head of butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 avodcado, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Toss salad ingredients together in a salad bowl.
- Rub the thawed tuna pieces in olive oil and then coat evenly with black sesame seeds.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to high head and spray evenly with avocado oil.
- Place the tuna in the skillet and sear each side for approx 1 minute. You want the middle to remain pink and uncooked.
- Remove tuna from pan and with a very sharp knife, slice the tuna into 1/2 inch slices. Place over top of the salad and drizzle with the soy-ginger dressing.