13 Mar Cedar Plank Prawns with Spicy Chimichurri
I love using fresh herbs when cooking. They amp up the flavor without adding fat or calories. I usually throw fresh herbs into salads, omelettes, or even blender drinks (hello strawberry basil smoothie) to boost flavor and add nutrition. This chimichurri sauce is essentially tons of fresh herbs blended together with good quality olive oil and seasonings. Serve it over cedar plank grilled prawns and you’ll be very glad you did!
1 large handful of fresh parsley
1 large handful of fresh cilantro
5 large basil leaves
3 large garlic cloves
1 jalapeno, sliced and seeds left in
1/2 cup good quality olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound frozen, shelled prawns with tail on (thawed and dried on paper towel)
1 large cedar plank (prepared as per package instructions)
- Soak cedar planks 30-40 minutes prior to use.
- Combine all ingredients except for the prawns into a food processor. Pulse until well combined. Add more olive oil if necessary. Set chimichurri sauce aside.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Have a spray bottle of water ready to extinguish any flare-ups on the plank.
- Place the plank on the grill, close the lid, and heat until the plank begins to smoke and crackle. Place the prawns in a single layer on the plank. Close the lid and grill, turning the shrimp once, until they are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the prawns to a warmed platter, drizzle with chimichurri sauce and garnish with cilantro and thinly sliced red chili peppers (optional). Serve immediately.