08 Jan WCS Smoked Salmon Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes and Capers
Simple and elegant smoked salmon pizza with tomatoes, capers, and a drizzle of high quality olive oil. This is my go-to for when I feel like turning a mid-week drab dinner into something more elevated. Best served with some bubbly or white wine.
1 x pre-made pizza crust
1 x 200g West Coast Select smoked salmon lox
2/3 cup good quality cream cheese
2 T creamed horseradish
Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
2 T finely chopped fresh dill
Salt & Pepper to taste
Thinly sliced red onions
Halved cherry tomatoes
Drizzle of high quality olive oil
- Defrost your 200g package of West Coast Select smoked salmon. I usually pop this in the fridge the night before I want to use it so it is good to go. If you forgot, just place the package under cool running water and it should thaw in less than 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375. Place pizza crust in oven for 11-13 minutes. You want the pizza shell to crisp up slightly but still have a nice chew to it. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium size bowl combine the cream cheese, horseradish, and lemon juice and stir until well combined. Add the fresh dill, salt, and pepper and gently stir until combine.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled pizza crust (you may have extra cream cheese leftover – save it for some crackers later on). You want to make sure the crust is cool enough so the cream cheese mixture doesn’t melt.
- Layer on the slices of smoked salmon and top with thinly sliced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, and capers. Drizzle very lightly with high quality olive oil for a finishing touch.
- Slice and serve!